Byker Community Trust (BCT) housing association was originally established in July 2012 following a stock transfer with Newcastle City Council.
Following consultation with customers, the ownership and management of all homes and land on the Byker estate transferred from BCT into Karbon Homes on 1 April 2021 and became part of the Karbon family.
Customers asked for:
- Transformational investment across the environment;
- Investment in their homes (such as new kitchens and bathrooms with showers);
- New homes to meet the changing demographic needs of the community.
The BCT strategy for 2020/25 is:
- Making Byker an Estate of Choice;
- Contributing to a thriving Byker; and
- Ensuring that BCT’s community ethos is sustained.
Our values define what is important to us, helping us be consistent in the way we do things and guiding the decisions we take. We are:
Inspiring: We believe in people, and create the conditions for them to succeed and unlock their own potential
Dynamic: We continually learn, improve and innovate so we are able to respond to change and be the best we can be
Bold: We go forward with confidence and are passionate, proactive and influential in building a better future
Reliable: We use our knowledge and experience to be effective and efficient, and make sound well-informed business decisions with integrity
Thoughtful: We work hard to understand the needs and aspirations of others and are mindful of our impact on people, communities and the environment
Our Service Standards
- Respond to your call between 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday
- Answer calls within 100 seconds
- Return an answerphone message within one working day
- Provide a 24 hour emergency helpline to report emergency repairs, pay your rent online and report anti-social behaviour
- Respond to written correspondence within seven working days
- Acknowledge website, social media and email enquiries within one working day