Pay your rent
Paying your rent on time is vitally important. Without it we could not provide an effective housing service or continue to invest in your home and the Byker Estate.
Your rent is charged weekly on a Monday to your account and payments should be made in advance of the rent being due. If you would like to pay over a different frequency such as fortnightly, four weekly or monthly; you must make an arrangement with Income Team on freephone 0800 533 5442 (select option 2 for rents).
Ways to Pay:
This is the most preferred, convenient and safest way to pay – all you need is a bank or building society account.
You can set up your Direct Debit over the telephone by calling freephone 0800 533 5442 (select option 2 for rents).
It’s quick and easy to pay your rent or service charges online. To pay your rent online now, you can go straight to My BCT Home.
You will need:
- Your credit or debit card.
- Your reference number or invoice. The cardholder must be present during the transaction.
You can still pay your rent, service charges or invoices in person using a swipe card at any Post Office or Pay Point outlet. To do this you need:
- a swipe card or
- the barcode on your letter
If you need a replacement swipe card please contact us on freephone 0800 533 5442 (select option 2 for rents).
Internet banking or standing order
If you want to use personal online banking to pay your rent, please use the following bank details to make a payment/transfer:
- Bank/Building Society Name: Lloyds Bank plc
- Sort Code: 30-93-71
- Account Number: 59878060
You must quote your payment reference number and the full amount to be paid.
Use your debit or credit card to make a payment by calling 0800 533 5442 (select option 2 for rents).
Make sure the cardholder is available during the call.
Struggling to pay your rent?
There may come a time when you have problems paying your rent. Many people have difficulty with rent because they have other money problems. There are lots of different ways we can help you.
Please contact us as soon as you have any problems or if you are finding it difficult to meet your rent payments.
You can contact Byker Community Trust by any of the following methods:
- Freephone 0800 533 5442 (Select Option 2 for Rents)
- Email: email@example.com
- In Person at the BCT office at 17 Raby Cross
Avoid making agreements you can’t keep. This will only lead to more problems.
- Choose a payment method convenient to you then you won’t miss further payments.
- Always respond to letters, visiting cards or phone calls as soon as possible as delays will cause more problems.
- Ask us for advice, our staff are trained to assist you.