Byker Community Trust has introduced a new service which aims to maintain and improve your neighbourhood.
The Grounds Maintenance and Environmental Response Service, delivered in partnership with Isos Complete Support, will maintain the Estate, all year round. The dedicated Byker team will be delivering a higher level of service across a whole range of long standing environmental challenges.
The team will aim to deal quickly and efficiently with all environmental issues and the service that they will deliver includes:
- Grass cutting of open spaces more frequently
- Tree/hedge maintenance
- Maintenance of shrub beds
- Ivy and street weed removal
- Environmental works
- Leaf collection during winter season
- Path edging
- Inspection and maintenance of play equipment
BCTs objectives when carrying out this service transition are to be achieve;
- Control over standards of service delivery with a focus on improvement in quality and cost;
- Value for money including excellence in service to customers; and
- Completing the stock transfer promises to tenants, including those which highlighted service delivery reviews.
BCT wish encorage tenants to become Grounds Maintenance Inspectors on the Byker Estate to help us monitor and improve the standard of the environment. If you would like to get involved, please contact David Jones on Freephone 0800 533 5442 or pop into the BCT office at 17 Raby Cross.