BCT’s aim is to provide a clear, simple and accessible way for customers to make complaints, leave compliments and suggest ways to improve our services. This page sets out everything you will need to know.
Our current performance (Q2)
See our Q2 (July to September 2023) Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions data here
How we’ll handle your complaint
- Web version – please click here.
- Plain text version – please click here.
- Audio and video version – please click on this link to take you to our video.
How to contact us
- By telephone to our Customer Relations Team on 0800 533 5442 between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
- By email to our Customer Relations Team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- In writing to our local office address: 17 Raby Cross, Byker, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2FF or our Head Office address: Number Five, Gosforth Park Avenue, Gosforth Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8EG.
- Face to face with any Karbon colleague or a contractor working on our behalf.
- Via BCT’s or Karbon’s social media pages, using Twitter Direct Message and Facebook Messenger
- Via a Councillor or MP or other relevant third party (e.g., Housing Ombudsman or consumer rights organisation).
What is a complaint?
In line with Housing Ombudsman guidance to the housing sector, we recognise complaints as “An expression of dissatisfaction, however made, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action by the organisation, its own staff, or those acting on its behalf, affecting an individual resident or group of residents.”
What is not a complaint?
A first-time request for a service, which is deemed to be a ‘Service Request’, for example if you are telling us something for the first time, for example reporting a repair, reporting anti-social behaviour or a resident requesting a repair. You can contact us through our Customer Relations Team.
You can submit a complaint to BCT by contacting us
You can read about how Karbon Homes learn from complaints here
Compliments are important to BCT as they show when we are getting things right and recognise the hard work of people providing excellent services.
You can submit a compliment to BCT by contacting us
Customer suggestions can help us to shape the services that we deliver and bring about improvements.
You can submit a suggestion to BCT by contacting us
You can read our Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions Policy here.
This document explains information on timescales, what happens when you make a complaint and how you can escalate your complaint if you are still unhappy.
If you require any assistance, please get in touch.
The Housing Ombudsman
The Housing Ombudsman has published a new Complaint Handling Code enabling landlords to swiftly resolve complaints raised by residents and to use the learning from complaints to improve services.
The code will also help residents understand what to expect from their landlord when they make a complaint and how to progress their complaint.
All landlords are required to evaluate their current complaint handling procedures against the code and the Housing Ombudsman Service has provided a self-assessment form to support in doing this.
We have completed this self-assessment form. We pledge to regularly refer to the code and consider it in the design of any alterations we make to our complaints service.
Contact info for Housing Ombudsman – https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/
Call us on 0300 111 3000
9.15am – 5.15pm: Monday to Friday
Housing Ombudsman Service
PO Box 152