Report your repair online

To report a repair online, you can go straight to your MyKarbon BCT online account. Once you’ve registered, it’s the quickest and easiest way to report a repair.

Repairs Service

Byker Community Trust’s repairs and maintenance service is delivered by Karbon Homes.

Repairs can still be reported to Byker Community Trust by using any of our traditional  methods. Including:

  • Freephone  0800 5335 442 (Select Option 1 for Repairs and Maintenance).  Also phone this number for out-of-hours emergencies.
  • Email:
  • In Person at the BCT office at 17 Raby Cross
  • Report repairs to your Neighbourhood Housing Officer

When reporting your repair, we’ll ask you:

  • Your name
  • Your address
  • The nature of the problem (please be as specific as you can)
  • A contact telephone number
  • We’ll always try to make an appointment at a time and date convenient for you.

Every repair is given a priority code which will depend on the nature of the fault and the possible risk to health and safety. From the priority code, you will be able to get an indication of how quickly the repair will be carried out. The table below shows the repair categories which we have, including an example of what type of repair each category could cover.

Priority Target completion time
Emergency Attend by appointment within 24 Hours   These are repairs that could affect a tenants Health and Safety or cause serious damage to the property e.g. total electrical failure or burst pipes
Standard Attend by appointment within 20 Working Days   These are repairs that can generally be left without causing serious inconvenience to the tenant or causing damage to the structure of the building e.g. dripping tap or replacement kitchen drawer
Programmed Attend by appointment within 60 Working Days These are repairs that can be packaged together to form a small programme of works e.g. fencing repairs or replacements

Whilst BCT are responsible for most repairs to your home, some repairs are customers’ own responsibility, under the terms of your tenancy agreement. For example, if you lost your keys and we had to change your door locks, you’ll be charged for this work. If we know the repair being reported is chargeable, we’ll tell you.