How can we help you?

Do you have concerns about benefits? Are you looking for work but finding it hard to get by? If so… come and speak to us – we’re here to help!

BCT Tenancy Sustainment and Welfare Benefit Support

We provide welfare and benefit advice to many of our customer to help you with income maximisation, employability and training to help increase quality of life and financial wellbeing for local people.

We’d urge anyone with concerns or queries about welfare, benefits, employment or training to contact us so we can offer support.

We’ve created links with organisations such as Working Links, Newcastle Futures, Princes Trust, Jobs Employment and Training (JET) and Newcastle City Learning to find out more about what each organisation does, and what they can offer locally for residents. We’re working to make sure that residents have access to as many quality training and employment opportunities as possible and can access multiple services that offer life changing prospects.

If you’re a Byker Community Trust customer and looking for work or training, or are facing barriers to employment, call freephone 0800 533 5442 to make an appointment to look at the issue further.

Many customers have benefited greatly from the help we offer, so much so, they have shared their compliments with us to let us know where we have done something great, but also to help us improve in various areas which we welcome across all areas of the services we offer. Mr Howarth of Houlet Garth said:

“BCT has helped me enormously, I couldn’t have done it without him. In fact, we couldn’t do without you. Great work BCT!”

Read more about Universal Credit here.