Byker Community Trust has introduced a new service which aims to maintain and improve your neighbourhood.
The Grounds Maintenance and Environmental Response Team, delivered in partnership with Isos Complete Support, will maintain the Estate all year round. The dedicated Byker team will be delivering a higher level of service across a whole range of long standing environmental challenges.
The team will aim to deal quickly and efficiently with all environmental issues and the service that they will deliver includes:
- Grass cutting of open spaces more frequently
- Tree/hedge maintenance
- Maintenance of shrub beds
- Ivy and street weed removal
- Environmental works i.e. graffiti removal, removal of fly tipping
- Leaf collection during winter season
- Path edging
- Inspection and maintenance of play equipment
If you would like to contact the Grounds Maintenance and Environmental Response Team to report an issue or if require any further information, please contact BCT on Freephone 0800 5335 442.
BCTs objectives when carrying out this service transition are to achieve;
- Control over standards of service delivery with a focus on improvement in quality and cost;
- Value for money including excellence in service to customers; and
- Completing the stock transfer promises to tenants, including those which highlighted service delivery reviews.
Over the next few months, BCT will be looking to engage tenants to become Grounds Maintenance Inspectors on the Byker Estate to help us monitor and improve the standard of the environment. If you would like to get involved, please contact David Jones on Freephone 0800 533 5442 or pop into the BCT office at Raby Cross.
We know that our tenants really valued the work of the Rapid Response Team and we have listened to what you told us about them. As a result, we are delighted that we have been able to retain all of the staff as part of the new team.