The BCT strategy for 2020/25 is:
- Making Byker an Estate of Choice;
- Contributing to a thriving Byker; and
- Ensuring that BCT’s community ethos is sustained.
“We work for people who have a voice and influence in our business; we celebrate our diverse neighbourhood; we provide quality homes, environment and services.”
We will do our best for Byker by being:
- Ambitious for people and the community;
- Energetic in our work with and for our diverse neighbourhoods;
- Innovative in providing excellent services;
- Open and transparent in the conduct of our business; and
- Unrelenting in our focus on positive change.
- Fulfilling the stock transfer promises: Completing and developing the Investment Plan;
- Engaging, empowering and supporting residents;
- Contributing to economic health of the neighbourhood;
- Completing the journey to independence: Being a first class strategic partner;
- Growing our commissioning skills;
- Establishing a framework and timetable for new contracts;
- Underpinning Value for Money and the financial security of the BCT: Securing outcomes which balance efficiency, economy and effectiveness in all we do;
- Maintaining a clear approach to risk identification and management;
- Ensuring we continue to have a sustainable business plan;
- Delivering excellence: Focusing on excellent customer service;
- Continuing to aim for first class governance; and
- Ensuring staff are proud of their work for Byker through support for training, development and remuneration policies.