BCT’s Vision for 2020 is an independent Byker Community Trust where; we have delivered on the major stock transfer promises; we ensure tenants have a key voice and role in decision making and we maximise access for local people into employment, training, health and educational opportunities.
“We work for people who have a voice and influence in our business; we celebrate our diverse neighbourhood; we provide quality homes, environment and services.”
We will do our best for Byker by being:
- Ambitious for people and the community.
- Energetic in our work with and for our diverse neighbourhoods.
- Innovative in providing excellent services.
- Open and transparent in the conduct of our business.
- Unrelenting in our focus on positive change.
- Fulfilling the stock transfer promises: Completing and developing the Investment Plan.
- Engaging, empowering and supporting residents.
- Contributing to economic health of the neighbourhood.
- Completing the journey to independence: Being a first class strategic partner.
- Growing our commissioning skills.
- Establishing a framework and timetable for new contracts.
- Underpinning Value for Money and the financial security of the BCT: Securing outcomes which balance efficiency, economy and effectiveness in all we do.
- Maintaining a clear approach to risk identification and management.
- Ensuring we continue to have a sustainable business plan.
- Delivering excellence: Focusing on excellent customer service.
- Continuing to aim for first class governance.
- Ensuring staff are proud of their work for Byker through support for training, development and remuneration policies.